The MPPSC state-level exams are usually conducted once a year. Preparations need to be thorough with the MPPSC Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Comprehensive knowledge of MPPSC paper pattern and syllabus is fundamental to develop a smart preparation plan.
Madhya Pradesh PSC Exam Preparation
First, for MPPSC, you have to read the preliminary and mains examination syllabus, then you read the previous year papers. After that, your analysis of the nature of the examination and start preparing for it. ‘You must be selective during your preparation mean to choose the authentic and selective source for reading, not go through bunches of books or magazines, select limited books, and revise continually.’
MPPSC Civil Services is a comprehensive exam. It needs at least two years or more time for the preparation and about 10-12 hours of daily study.
Before all the aspirants start stressing out about their competency or capabilities to sit for the final exam, they need to go through the official notification to understand almost everything about the MP PSC Preparation.
By the end of the brief, they will get the answers to the following questions:
- How to go about MPPSC exam preparation?
- How to make MPPSC notes?
- What MPPSC preparation books to read?
- How to follow MPPSC’s news and current- affairs?
- Which is the best book or source for MPPSC preparation?
- How to make the MP PSC GK notes in Hindi/English?
- From where to find and examine the MP PSC mains study material? Etc.
Madhya Pradesh PSC (MPPSC) Exam – Eligibility Criteria
- To apply for MPSSC, the candidate must have attained a degree in any discipline from some recognized university by the Govt. of India.
- The candidate’s minimum age should be between 18-21 years, and the maximum age should be 25-40 years as on 1st January 2021.
Age criteria also varies from one post to the other such as:
- Assistant Superintendent Jail age should be between 18 to 30 years.
- Transportation sub-inspector age should be between 21 to 35 years.
- The Superintendent of police age should be between 20 to 45 years.
- Other posts age should be between 21 to 40 years.
MPPSC Application Fee
- Those who belong to the General or open category will make payment of Rs 500 as application fee.
- Those who belong to SC/ST/OBC category will make a payment of Rs 250/.
MPPSC Important Dates
|Exam Name||MPPSC State Service Examination|
|Conducting Authority||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC)|
|Prelims Exam Date||25 July 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||23-28 Nov 2021|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Stages||Three|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type (For Prelims)|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
Madhya Pradesh PSC Exam Stages
The MPPSC Exam will be held in three primary stages. The Exam Pattern for both the Prelims and Mains is mentioned below:
|Name of the Exam||Type of the Exam/Time||Marks|
|MPPSC Prelims||General Studies-Objective (2 Hours)|
General Aptitude Test- Objective (2 Hours)
|MPPSC Mains||General Studies-I (3 hours)|
General Studies-II (3 hours)
General Studies-III (3 hours)
General Studies-IV (3 hours)
Hindi (3 Hours)
Hindi Essay (2 hours)
|MPPSC Interview||Personality Test||175|
Madhya Pradesh PSC Exam Syllabus
The MP PSC Exam Pattern for both the State Service Exam Prelims and Mains 2021 is mentioned below:
Note: Candidate can download the full syllabus from this link.
MPPSC Syllabus – Prelims
Similar to UPSC Prelims, MPPSC (State Service Exam) Prelims will be a screening process. The marks obtained by the candidates in this preliminary stage will not be considered in the final merit list. MPPSC Pre Syllabus has similar elements as that in UPSC Prelims.
|Name of the Exam||MPPSC State Service Exam (Prelims)|
|No. of Papers||2 (General Studies- 200 marks) (General Aptitude Test- 200 marks)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours each|
|Main Topics for Paper-I||General Science and Environment|
Current Events of National and International Importance
History of India and Independent India
Indian and World Geography
Indian Polity and Economy
Sports, Geography, History, and Culture of MP
Polity and Economy of MP
Information and Communication Technology
|Main Topics for Paper-II||Comprehension|
Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
Decision Making and Problem Solving
Hindi Language Comprehension Skills (Class X Level)
Note: Candidates need not get stressed out looking at the syllabus as questions that are asked in exams are more generalized. The focus should be on simple reading and consistent revisions.
MPPSC Syllabus – Mains
Those candidates who clear the MPPSC Pre will take the Mains Exam. The cut-off decided by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission will determine who will proceed to the next stage of the State Service Exam.
|Name of the Exam||MPPSC State Service Exam (Mains)|
|No. of Papers||8 – the papers are: |
General Studies-I (300 Marks)
General Studies-II (300 Marks)
General Studies-III (300 Marks)
General Studies-IV (200 Marks)
General Hindi (200 Marks)
Hindi Essay (100 Marks)
|Duration of Exams||3 hours each for:|
2 hours for:
|Main Topics||General Studies-I (History, Geography, Water Management, Disaster Management)|
General Studies-II (Constitution, Security Issues, Social Legislation, Social Sector, etc.)
General Studies-III (Science and Technology, Reasoning and Data Interpretation, Technology, etc.)
General Studies-IV (Human needs and Motivation, Philosophers, Attitude, etc.)
General Hindi (10th level)
Best MPPSC Books
After going through the syllabus, candidates should follow state board books with NCERT books. Candidates can check the MPPSC booklist below:
- M. Laxmikant’s Indian Polity (4th Edition or 5th Edition)
- Rajiv Ahir’s Spectrum for Modern Indian History (Latest Edition)
- Madhya Pradesh -Ek Parichay by McGraw-Hill publication, This book can help fetch your facts and details of the state-related topics, and it will suffice.
- For Economics, candidates can read state board school textbooks (Class 11th, 12th) or if a candidate belongs to streams other than commerce, can refer to books like Ramesh Singh’s Indian Economy (11th Edition) or Sanjeev Varma’s Indian Economy.
- These books can help you with both MPPSC Prelims and MPPSC Mains preparation.
MPPSC Exam – General Aptitude Test Book List
The MPPSC 2021 Exam will also have a General Aptitude Test in the preliminary stage. For that, candidates can refer to anyone book from the list below:
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical – Verbal, Non – Verbal & Analytical by Arihant Publication.
- To summarize the entire thing for the candidates, a few tips given below:
- NCERTs or State Board school textbooks are crucial to clarity.
- One reference book for a subject will suffice.
- Self-written notes should be emphasized upon
- Aligning current affairs with the syllabus
- Taking help from past year MPPSC question papers
- Revise topics periodically
The MPPSC conducts the exams for various posts in the state governmental departments. Preparations for the MPPSC Exams needs one to be thorough with the MPPSC Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Comprehensive knowledge of MPPSC paper pattern and syllabus is fundamental to develop a smart preparation plan.
Areas covered in this article
- Madhya Pradesh PSC Exam Preparation
- MPPSC Exam Book List
- Learn more about the State Public Service Commission in this link.
- Read more about the MPPSC Exam by visiting the official website.
- For more information on civil services, click here.
This post was last updated on September 28th, 2021 at 02:43 pm