The Kerala Public Service Commission is an authorized body created by the Indian Constitution. The Commission advises India’s Government on all the matters relating to the civil services referred to under Article 320 (3) of the Constitution. It also publishes notifications inviting the applications for selection to various posts per the requisitions of the appointing authorities.
If aspirants are well aware of the Kerala PSC Syllabus, they can easily segregate their notes for each of the topics asked in it. The golden and most strategic rule of civil services exam preparations is reading the news daily and staying up-to-date with the current affairs- within and outside the country as per their specialization. The Hindu- is usually considered to be the best newspaper for the KAS preparations.
Essential books for Kerala PSC KAS Exam
- Thozhil Vartha Magazine
- Manorama & Matrubhumi Yearbook
- PSC Degree Level Exam Past Question Papers Answers & Explanations
- (KAS) Kerala Administrative Service Super Rank file (preliminary exam)
- Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Cracker I & II (IET Publications)
The sections in the syllabus of Kerala PSC overlap with UPSC; hence, the following books can also be referred:
- A brief history of modern India – Rajiv Ahir (Spectrum Publications)
- Indian Polity – M Laxmikanth
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- India’s Struggle for Independence – Bipin Chandra
- Certificate Physical Geography- GC Leong
The KAS Exam Pattern changed from 2011 Mains onwards and has become more aligned to the UPSC IAS exam pattern. Earlier, there used to be only two General Studies Papers in KAS Mains. Now, there are four GS papers.
Kerala PSC KAS Exam Pattern
The KAS Exam Pattern for Prelims and Mains is given in brief below:
KPSC KAS Prelims Exam
- Two papers – objective type (MCQs)
- Both papers are of 200 marks each.
- There are 100 questions in each paper.
- Time – 2hrs (for each paper)
- Negative Marking – 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
KPSC KAS Mains Exam
- Nine Papers – essay/descriptive type
- Two qualifying papers – English and Kannada – have 35% qualifying criteria
- Four General Studies Papers – GS I, GS II, GS III, GS IV
- Choice of One optional subject (Two papers)
- One Essay Paper
- The Essay, GS, and free papers will be for 250 marks each.
KPSC KAS Exam Previous Years Question Paper
Note: Download all the question papers here.
|Organization Name||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale) Trainee|
|Total Vacancies||To be announced|
|Exam Name||Kerala Administrative Service|
How to Download the KAS Kerala Previous Question Papers
- Visit the leading site of the officials at www.keralapsc.gov.in/
- Then the home page will be displayed on your screen.
- Now move the cursor to the menu bar.
- In the menu bar, click on the Downloads sections and select the previous year’s paper.
- Now find the link for the solved papers and click on it.
- Now download the papers and start your exam preparation.
KPSC KAS Exam Sample Questions
Ques 1- I will – you next Sunday?
(a) call at
(b) call on
(c) call up
(d) call for
Ques 2- He has sent me a present. The passive form of this sentence is ……?
- A present has been sent to me by him.
- I have been sent to him a present.
- A present has been sent to me.
- A present will be sent to me by him.
Ques 3- The Indirect Speech form -The teacher said,” The earth moves around the sun”?
(a) The teacher said that the earth has moved around the sun.
(b)The teacher said that the earth moves around the sun.
(c)The teacher asked that the earth moves around the sun.
(d)The teacher told me that the earth moves around the sun.
Ques 4- One of the students – lost his pen?
Ques 5- – laughter is good exercise?
(d) no article
Ques 6- Let us go……? Add tag?
(a) are we
(b) shall we
(c) should we
(d) can’t we
Ques 7-Pick out the correct sentence:
- Bread and butter were served at the party.
- Bread and butter were served at the party.
- Bread and butter have served at the party.
- Bread and butter have been served at the party.
KPSC conducts written test and practical tests, a physical efficiency test, and interviews prepare the ranked list based on the candidates’ performance, advise candidates for appointment strictly based on their merit, observe the rules of reservation as and when vacancies are reported.
This article discusses the how to download previous years’ exam papers and the pattern for the KPSC KAS Exam.
Areas covered in this article
- KPSC Previous Years Question Paper
- Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Exam : Pattern, Syllabus, Functions and Eligibility
- Learn more about the Kerala PSC here.
- Download all the question papers here.
This post was last updated on September 28th, 2021 at 02:43 pm