Andhra Pradesh, Public Service Commission, conducts the APPSC Group 1 exam to recruit the state government departments’ officers. These services provide ample opportunities for candidates to serve society at large. Also, the welfare of the people serves as the primary source of motivation for these positions.
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) Group 1 exam is delayed due to various reasons. Even after the High Court’s instructions, the commission notified the APPSC Group 1 main exam in April 2021.
But due coronavirus spread and consequent lockdown across the state, the APPSC has postponed the APPSC main exam to a future date. The new dates for the APPSC Group 1 exam will be notified later.
APPSC Group 1 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||APPSC Group 1 Exam|
|Conducting Body||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Exam Level||State Level (Andhra Pradesh)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Screening Exam) and online (Main Exam)|
|Application Fee||250+120= 370 (Rs.250 for the reserved category candidates)|
|Language||English, and Telugu|
|Exam Purpose||To recruit the candidates for the executive and non-executive posts|
|No. of Test Cities||Test centers across the state Andhra Pradesh|
APPSC Group1 Exam Services
The APPSC Group 1 Exam is conducted for the following posts:
|Deputy Collector||Assistant Commissioner of State Tax in A.P. State Tax Services||Deputy Supdt. of Police (Civil) Cat-2|
|Deputy Supdt. of Jails (MEN)||District Fire Officers in A.P. Fire Service||Asst. Treasury Officer/Asst. Accounts Officer in A.P. Treasury & Accounts Service|
|Regional Transport Officers in A.P. Transport Service||Assistant Prohibition & Excise Superintendent in A.P. Excise Service||Mandal Parishad Development Officer|
|District Registrars||District Employment Officer||Deputy Registrars in A.P. Cooperative Service|
|District Tribal Welfare Officer in A.P. Tribal Welfare Service||District Social Welfare Officer||District B.C. Welfare Officer|
|District Panchayat Officers||Municipal Commissioner Grade-II||Administrative Officer / Lay Secretary & Treasurer Grade-II|
|Assistant Audit Officer|
Selection Process of APPSC Group 1
Stage 1: APPSC Group 1 Prelims (Screening) Exam
The Prelims Exam is a screening exam conducted offline in thirteen districts of Andhra Pradesh. It serves the purpose by reducing the number of candidates for the APPSC Group 1 main exam. The APPSC Group 1 Hall ticket (Admit Card) will be issued seven days before the exam. The Prelims Exam is qualifying in nature, and the marks got in the APPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam will not be considered for the final merit.
Stage 2: APPSC Group 1 Main Exam
The APPSC Group 1 Main Exam is a conventional type exam conducted in the offline mode. The marks of the Main Exam are counted while preparing the APPSC Group 1 final merit list. There are seven conventional essay type questions papers in the Main Exam. The Telugu and English papers are only qualifying, and their marks are not included in the final merit of the exam. The rest of the five papers are of General Studies with particular emphasis on the events of Andhra Pradesh.
Stage 3: APPSC Group 1 Interview
After the Main Exam, APPSC Group 1 interviews are conducted, and the candidates needed to go to the commission’s office in Vijayawada. The candidate needs to carry all the original documents related to the following:
- Educational qualification
- Date of birth
- Category certificates issued by the competent authority
- Age relaxation claimed
- Professional experience
The commission’s officers will physically verify the original certificates and take a copy of all the certificated for the filling purpose.
After the interviews, the APPSC Group 1 final result will be released in due course of time. APPSC will not issue any waiting list for the exam, and any vacancy arising after the notification will be forwarded to the next year’s information.
APPSC Group 1 Preliminary Exam has a total of 150 marks. There will be 150 questions for you to answer. APPSC has also introduced negative marketing, so you receive a negative influence for every question with a wrong answer. 1 third of the mark is deducted for each wrongly answered question. This means that the APPSC Group 1 exam is no different than any other UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exams.
Note: It is highly advised to answer only those questions you know the answer to. Don’t blindly guess the answer if you don’t know anything about the problem because every mark will count here.
Andhra Pradesh PSC Application Process
You can follow the steps mentioned below to fill up the APPSC Group application form and apply it online:
- Go to the APPSC official website on https://psc.ap.gov.in
- Click on the “Notification/Recruitments” section on Home Page.
- Find the APPSC Group Notification link and click on it.
- Read the official APPSC Group Notification carefully.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- You will be asked to enter the following details in the application form:
- Name of the Candidate as on SSC Certificate
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Aadhar Card Number
- Identification Mark
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Permanent & Correspondence Address
- Educational Details
- Complete your payment for APPSC Groups application fee using the given options.
- Upload the asked documents in the mentioned format.
- Review and verify the details you provided in the APPSC Groups online application form and click on submit.
- You can download the application form and take a print out of the same for future references.
- The admit cards will be made available separately for prelims and mains. You can download that from the website. Candidates will not be allowed to sit in the exam without the admit card or hall ticket.
Andhra Pradesh PSC Exam Syllabus
APPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam Syllabus
APPSC Group 1 Prelims Syllabus has been divided into the following categories:
- Current Affairs
- General Science
- Indian History
- Indian Economy
- Indian Polity
- Disaster Management
- Aptitude and Reasoning
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh
Not all the subjects and topics have to be studied in the same manner. Every subject requires a different type of planning and preparation.
Andhra Pradesh PSC Exam Pattern
Andhra Pradesh PSC Group 1 Exam Pattern – Prelims Exam
APPSC Group 1 prelims exam is the objective type exam conducted through the Computer-Based Test (CBT) in the online mode. APPSC conducts the prelims exam at the designated centers across the states.
The APPPSC Group 1 prelim exam has two objective type question papers. Each paper contains 120 questions. Each question carries one mark, and the time limit for each paper is two hours.
Paper-I – General Studies
- Number of questions: 120
- Number of marks: 120
This paper consists of 04 parts, i.e., ABCD; each piece carries 30 marks.
A. History and Culture.
B. Constitution polity, social Justice & International relations.
C. Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy & Planning.
Paper-II – General Aptitude
- Number of questions: 120
- Number of marks: 120
This paper consists of 2 parts, i.e., A and B, each part carries 60 Marks.
A. General Mental Ability, Administrative and Psychological Abilities
B. (i) Science and Technologies, (ii) Current events of Regional, National & International importance
Andhra Pradesh PSC Group 2 Exam Pattern – Prelims Exam
- Number of questions: 150
- Number of marks: 150
The prelims exam is the screening exam only, and the marks secured by the candidates in the APPSC Group 2 prelims exam is not considered for the final merit. Irrespective of being a screening exam only, the prelims exam’s importance is very high because it is mandatory to qualify in the prelims exam only after that the candidate can compete in the main exam.
The prelims exam consists of one paper, only having three sections. The time limit for the paper is 150 minutes. The structure of the paper is as follows:
- General Studies & Mental Ability
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh & Indian Constitution
- Planning and Economy
Andhra Pradesh PSC Group 2 Exam Pattern – Mains Exam
The APPSC Group 2 main exam is also an objective type paper, which is different from the APPSC Group 1 main exam, a descriptive type exam. The main exam has three papers, and each paper has a time limit of 150 minutes. The structure of the main exam is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Studies & Mental Ability||150||150|
|1. Social History of Andhra Pradesh (i.e., the History of Various |
Social and Cultural Movements in Andhra Pradesh)
2. General Overview of the Indian Constitution
|Planning in India and Indian Economy|
Contemporary Problems and Developments in Rural Society
with Special Reference to Andhra Pradesh
APPSC Group 1 Prelim Exams Strategy
- Make a note of the syllabus and prepare your schedule accordingly: The very first thing you have to do is make a plan about how you want to study. It would be best if you had a clear understanding of your syllabus so that you can make a study schedule accordingly. According to your capabilities, decide which subject you are weaker at and devote more time to that subject.
- Study with a fresh mind: If your mind is not fresh and distraction-free at the time you are studying, you will probably forget what you have learned. So, make sure you are wide awake, focused, and away from the distractions while you are studying.
- Join online APPSC Group 1 Classes: This is a must for adequate preparation. Such online coaching classes come with practical video tutorials and courses which make it easy to learn. You can watch these videos as many times as you want and remember what you have known for a long time.
- Don’t leave any subject: Even if you think you are pro in some matter, you must go through the given study material at least once to be sure at the exam time.
- Keep last week for the final read: Make sure that you have completed the entire syllabus a week or a couple of weeks before. The last week just before your examination should be for the revision. Revise whatever you have read and learned so that all the topics stay fresh on your mind.
The Andhra Pradesh, Public Service Commission releases the notification for APPSC Group exams on its official website https://psc.ap.gov.in. In the upcoming news, officials are likely to announce both executive and non-executive posts.
Candidates who are looking forward to applying for APPSC Group exams must have complete knowledge about actual exam dates, the total number of vacancies, registration process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and selection process. This will help them to plan their exam accordingly.
Once the notification is released, candidates will be able to apply for the posts online through the official APPSC website.
This article discusses the exam syllabus for the Andhra Pradesh PSC Exam. It would be best if you studied a vast and comprehensive syllabus to crack such exams. This is why it is highly recommended to join online APPSC Group classes to make sure you stay up-to-date with all the subjects and topics. The exam covers almost all subjects from ancient history to modern-day updates. So, you should be aware of all the subjects and prepare for the exam accordingly.
Areas covered in this article
- Andhra Pradesh PSC Exam Syllabus
- APPSC Exam Highlights
- Learn more about the State Public Service Commission in this link.
- Read more about the APPSC Exam by visiting the official website.
- Practice your knowledge on the APPSC Exam via the previous years’ exam questions paper.
This post was last updated on October 31st, 2021 at 10:51 am